Green Energy Consumers Alliance is seeking an experienced customer service professional to join our team. A successful candidate will be able to assist our members with a wide diversity of concerns and will be able to shift seasonally from one set of tasks to another.
Green Energy Consumers is a nonprofit with a mission to harness our power as energy consumers to speed the transition to a low-carbon future. Our programs make it easy for consumers: to take advantage of clean energy technologies, such as heat pumps and electric cars; to support renewable energy by making green energy choices cost-effective and practical; and, if they use heating oil, to save money and energy. Our customer service associate is essential to enabling participation in our programs.
In particular, this position supports our Heating Oil Service, Green Powered, and Drive Green programs. Green Powered enables anyone with an electric bill to choose green electricity, helping to add more renewable energy to our New England power grid. Drive Green is a discount program that makes choosing an electric car easier and more affordable for everyone. The Heating Oil Service offers discounts on heating oil and energy efficiency advice to 10,000 members.
From August to January of each year, the Associate will be primarily focused on customer service for the Heating Oil Service. From February through July, the Associate will be primarily focused on supporting the Green Powered and Drive Green programs.
- Manage incoming and outgoing phone calls and emails from participants and the public.
- Resolve customer concerns in a thorough and organized way, in consultation with colleagues and vendors.
- Explain our programs, related energy technologies, and incentives to prospective participants.
- Foster relationships between participants and vendors when appropriate.
- Process standard communications with new and existing members, including bulk mailings.
- Enter data and perform administrative tasks accurately and with proper documentation.
- Coordinate our outreach at local events and represent the organization as needed.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Outgoing and friendly personality that will represent the organization in a positive way.
- Well organized, excellent attention to detail, and proven ability to manage many different tasks.
- Strong problem-solving inclination and critical thinking skills.
- A team player with a commitment to communication and collaboration as well as the ability to take direction and work on projects independently.
- Data entry skills, including mastery of basic Excel functions.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Previous experience in a service setting.
- A desire to provide excellent service and improve upon our participant relationships over time.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Familiarity with renewable energy concepts is a plus.
- Fluency in a second language is a plus.
- Prior administrative experience is a plus.
- Two-year commitment is a plus.
Hours and Compensation
This position is a full-time, year-round permanent position, 40 hours per week from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday in our Jamaica Plain office, with the possibility of occasional evenings and weekends. We offer an excellent and inclusive work environment with competitive wages.
How to Apply
Equal Opportunity Employer. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.